Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Genealogy Education & Certification

I have been taking some courses through the National Institute for Genealogical Studies. NIGS is associated with St Michael's College/U of T in Toronto.

I have completed 3 courses so far and I'm really enjoying them!  I'm going to take a few more this coming winter while it's quiet at work.  The courses I've complete so far are: Canadian Land Record Part 1, Canadian Vital Statistics Part 1, and Methodology Part 1.

I'm planning on taking Canadian Census Records Part 1 and Canadian Wills & Estate Records Part 1 starting in the next few weeks.

I'm curious what every ones background is.... 
What courses/certifications have you taken?  Where did you take them?  Did you enjoy them?
Are you a member of a genealogical society or professional association?

1 comment:

  1. Aislynn,
    Thank you for following my blog. It is fun. I am not a certified professional, but I have taken many not for credit classes in genealogy and have been a FH Consultant and at present help as in FamilySearch Indexing and Community Support. I now am participating in PROGEN classes and that is helping me be in line with professional genealogists. I love PROGEN. I also love the courses available through FamilySearch.org.

    ReplyDelete